Can't say that I get very attached to my pets if I can't find a good use for them. IF I do get fond of a pet that doesn't level up well, I'll just gene engineer them into a stronger, more useful body and leave them with their old personality. For example, I gene engineered my little girl into the body of a titan a while ago. She seems to like her new body anyway, and she's actually quite happy to look down on others for a change.
But I will also say that it is hard for me to choose a favorite. As stated earlier, all my pets are put to good use. And my current group just works so well together. My team of pets is composed of:
- A spiral king I inherited from an earlier file. She's delusional and is quite possessive. She's also the anchor of the group; she can tank with the best of them, deal damage, and/or lock down a crowd.
- The aforementioned gene-engineered titan I mentioned. Along with a troupe of Yith Amazons, she's there to crush the opposition underfoot and take a hundred for the team (or for my player character, at least).
- A messenger of death, gene engineered to level 65. She's the only lich in the group outside of my PC, but both have distinct personalities (one's a dutiful servant of Lulwy with a dark outlook, the other's a carefree pianist dude of Jure). She's serves as a second anchor, but helps best when she uses her death verdict attack to take care of priority targets quickly.
- A trio of silent Gold Bells I dub "the Guardian Angels". With their variety of status-inflicting weapons, they are the primary source of damage and action denial against an individual enemy.
- And finally, a chaos dragon mount. With the help of a variety of weapons and equipment, she's quite fast, and her chaos breath is a life-saver in a pinch. Not to mention that she's the toughest and strongest in the group, but she's too flighty and volatile to let loose as a tank.
Oh, did I mention that all of these pets are female? And that they've been engineered to look more-or-less humanoid, at least above the waist?
Last edited by ShinQuickMan
on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.