Everything about Elona.

What is your favourite pet?

Postby p4duke on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 am

First, I'd like to apologize if there is an other thread like this, I've read the first few pages of the general talk forum and haven't seen anything like this
Second, the title says it all, what is your favourite pet and why?

I haven't leveled a character over level 16 so the best things I've had until now were:

- Silver bells <3 - Amazing speed, amazing resistance, equip them with a "negates effect of poison", give them marksman (for bow/xbow)/tactics (for shurikens) and they own everything
- < Queen > - Not a great tank unlike the knight but can receive a little bit of damage, also can teleport which saves her life quite a bit
- Executioner - Pretty cool guy, casts word of death and lightning bold and doesn't afraid of anything. Quite fragile, I might say, maybe I haven't equipped him well
- Chaos Cloud - I'm currently using this guy, I hope with 20 control magic, he won't hurt me too often.
- Varuna (The red one, level 37) - This dude tears everything apart, but a bit fragile unless you engineer him some body parts
- The Opatos' Knight - If you equip him well, he's pretty tough for low level dungeoneering
- < Knight > - Great tank, decent fighter/thrower
- Rat - For engineering waist and anatomy on bells xD
- Various minotaurs - They pack quite a punch

p4duke

Re: What is your favourite pet?

Postby JaggerK on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:51 am

My favourite one that I've gotten is Mithra, got it because I had an Asura and spawned it by accident when reading a book.
Pretty much anything listed elona.wikia.com/wiki/Pets is good as I'm sure you know. Was looking for a knight (Chess piece) because it's massively powerful and can't be dimmed (I think).

I stopped using bells when I got quickling archer, still have poison resist+++ on it though.. Golden Knight for the haulage. Carries around a shelter, a bonework(I think it was) happy bed for sleeping, and the cooler box(s) as I get so many corpses, heaps of which are 20s or more!

lvl 23 btw, including after descents.

JaggerK

Postby Anonymous-san on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Yeah, she's broken. Yeah, it's technically cheating, considering this has been patched out. Yeah, she spends most of her time getting fat in the castle these days. But dammit, I love her to bits.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (561.96 KiB)

Anonymous-san

Postby p4duke on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:42 pm

Why is it considered cheating? Excepting the sanity, I don't see anything out of the ordinary...
This is my new favourite pet. And ride... The Nether-Yith
x.JPG
x.JPG (135.5 KiB)

Why nether? Because he is equipped with...
y.JPG
y.JPG (49.67 KiB)

p4duke

Postby Smelly Crab on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:55 pm

"Why nether?" indeed, considering the weapon invokes nerve breath?
: ]

Smelly Crab

Postby p4duke on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:01 am

Nether sounds better than nerve. More evil, and since the yith looks evil, it helps with the theme
(I really thought it was nether until you pointed it out)

p4duke

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:13 am

p4duke wrote:Why is it considered cheating? Excepting the sanity, I don't see anything out of the ordinary...

As a general thing, Silver-eyed witches aren't supposed to come at higher levels than Yiths?
Although, after re-reading the patch notes, Dominate is apparently only patched out for the Void, so I guess it isn't cheating. Not yet.
I snagged her from a Panic! quest then was raped by all the other completely untouchable witches. Claymore NPCs are scary.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (560.02 KiB)

Postby ace steel on Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:31 pm

ever used a Kolbold as a pet? i am now..quite useful might i say ;P he's my favorite just like a human basicly (equip slots wise)

ace steel

Postby JaggerK on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:03 am

I've never had a kobold pet. Anything in particular that makes it worth looking into? I need pets for my current char.

JaggerK

Postby ace steel on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:10 am

well like i said it is basicly a human when it comes to equip slots and i believe they can carry some decently heavy stuff (banded mail, Hammers etc.) although they aren't that strong..well at least mine aint, they seem to have potential. I wouldn't recommend it for a high level player however no way in hell would i do that
Last edited by ace steel on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ace steel

Postby Leo Krupp on Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:20 am

I have a pair of nether dragons and some nifty anti-nether SLBs and a helmet. It's pretty awesome for clearing out rooms! (Nether seems to have a high damage potential even vs things that resist nether, as even with two #####+ equips sometimes I still get hit for as much as 30 HP if I get in the way)
lotta fun just setting it up so they're on either end of a room and then teleporting away when they start the breath-spam.

Also have a bubble, which seems useless, but if it's hit and you heal it continuously, you create a nice barrier in dungeons against more powerful monsters. All the wussy bubbles get between you and the strong creature and then you just gun it to death. Least effective on liches for obvious reasons. Saved my pianist quite a bit. Create the barrier, shoot the monster to get him after you again, and then short teleport.

Leo Krupp

Postby The Guest on Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:50 pm

My favourite pet? presently I have an andriod that has been leveled and armed to the teeth called Zahorse 2.0 (he was called Zahorse the andriod by default) and I placed him in charge of guarding and patrolling my Small Castle Compound. Along with him I have Wolf Girl. Basically I gene engineered my <lightning wolf> and a young lady together to make my pet dog more humanoid, an easy workaround to training the dog to go outside to do it's business. She is also leveled and equipped with high level gear as well, which she really dousn't need since all I do with her is give her my failed cooking attempts and leftovers.

But my absolute favourite pet, who I absolutly adore has to without a doubt be...

My little girl! ^_^ <3

You all know the little girl you get when you first start the game and visit Vernis? Well I kept her and she is now my little jewel that can really open up a can of serious whoopass! Her name is Rice, her real name is Soyrice but I call her Rice as a nickname. Right from the very start of coming to North Tyris we battled through the tough times and cherished the good times together. She was always my second in command, my sidekick, my companion when I travelled and fought. I always treat her very well and she receives the best of the best from me (Heck, the diamond armour she wears has almost double the PV than the bulletproof jacket I wear).

We make an exellent team together. I am a gun weilding sharpshooter with a machine gun and she is a warrior woman with a sword and shield. While she gets right up close and personal with the enemy I spray them full of bullets from a square or two away. While I could probably shoot the cigarette out of somebodies mouth from a mile away, she could probably seriously kick my sorry behind in a fist fight. She is very strong and that comes from lots of experience in fighting sword to sword.

Right now she no longer should be called a "little girl" because as you can see from below, she is 20 years old. I did give her a few blessed potions of decent to help her age nicely but most of the time she aged all on her own. I made sure she developed nicely when she grew up as well as I gave her lots of blessed milk to make her grow big and strong. She is only a few years younger than me, but she is still my little girl. : 3

The story that I made with her was that we grew up together in the same village when we were little and were very close. We both had a passion for adventure and we both promised each other that we would become famous and prosperous adventurers together. We went on lots of adventures growing up around the village and she was always by my side to support me and look out for me.

After we finished our schooling around our late teens we finally decided to go out into the world and go adventuring seriously. We were both fasinated by the ruins of North Tyris due to their marvelous archetecture and rumers of great treasure so we decided to travel and live in North Tyris. We said farewell to our family and the village and borded a small ship headed for the new world.

All we had with us were the crude weapons and armour we had from the village made from leather and steel and a little bit of food. we had lots of fun on the boat, planning and dreaming of what we would do once we arrived at Port Kapul, but all of a sudden that darn ether wind came out of nowhere and destroyed the ship.

"Don't worry Rice, I'll make sure we'll get through this together!" I said to her when the wind came but unfortunatly we got seperated when the ship was torn apart.

I won't bother explaining what happened after I woke up as I am sure you all know that story (damn Lomias and his fake gold >: /) however I will add that I was worried were Rice was and I feared for her safety, wondering to myself weither or not I would see her again.

But thankfully, We met again when she came running up to me when I first came to Vernis. I was relieved to know she was all right and that we both made it to North Tyris despite the rough detour. Rice told me she apparantly washed up on a shore just outside of Vernis and was discovered by the town bartender, she let her stay in a spare room in the bar free of charge until she was better. We exchanged our experiences of after we got split up and now that we were back together, we set forth for many marvelous adventures in North Tyris!

That story was a long time ago, we now own a small castle outside of Vernis and she is the lady of the estate. We are both very much in love with each other (her impress is on *love*) and after we both finish Lesimas together we are going to get married. She is awesome because she is absolutly devoted to me (she changed her religion to the same one as mine when I converted to mani) and she is loyal to the very end.

I could go on and on but I am sure you all know now why Rice is my favourite. It's better to have a loved one with you than some dragon you caught in a smelly dungeon. : D
Rice's stats.bmp
Rice's Stats
Rice's stats.bmp (791.71 KiB)

The Guest

Postby ace steel on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:09 pm

such a lovely story ^.^ just love it!!!

ace steel

Postby ShinQuickMan on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:06 pm

Can't say that I get very attached to my pets if I can't find a good use for them. IF I do get fond of a pet that doesn't level up well, I'll just gene engineer them into a stronger, more useful body and leave them with their old personality. For example, I gene engineered my little girl into the body of a titan a while ago. She seems to like her new body anyway, and she's actually quite happy to look down on others for a change.

But I will also say that it is hard for me to choose a favorite. As stated earlier, all my pets are put to good use. And my current group just works so well together. My team of pets is composed of:

- A spiral king I inherited from an earlier file. She's delusional and is quite possessive. She's also the anchor of the group; she can tank with the best of them, deal damage, and/or lock down a crowd.

- The aforementioned gene-engineered titan I mentioned. Along with a troupe of Yith Amazons, she's there to crush the opposition underfoot and take a hundred for the team (or for my player character, at least).

- A messenger of death, gene engineered to level 65. She's the only lich in the group outside of my PC, but both have distinct personalities (one's a dutiful servant of Lulwy with a dark outlook, the other's a carefree pianist dude of Jure). She's serves as a second anchor, but helps best when she uses her death verdict attack to take care of priority targets quickly.

- A trio of silent Gold Bells I dub "the Guardian Angels". With their variety of status-inflicting weapons, they are the primary source of damage and action denial against an individual enemy.

- And finally, a chaos dragon mount. With the help of a variety of weapons and equipment, she's quite fast, and her chaos breath is a life-saver in a pinch. Not to mention that she's the toughest and strongest in the group, but she's too flighty and volatile to let loose as a tank.

Oh, did I mention that all of these pets are female? And that they've been engineered to look more-or-less humanoid, at least above the waist?
Last edited by ShinQuickMan on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinQuickMan

Postby Jatopian on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:23 am

But below the waist is so important ;.;
_________
<Alkerion> Switch two letters around and the name of the game is Alone.
elonaquotes.tumblr.com

Jatopian

Postby ShinQuickMan on Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Lol, I tried. It's too bad the game itself doesn't seem to agree with us, as the leg and waist slot items are usually unimpressive...

ShinQuickMan

Postby Indalecio on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:59 pm

*Little Girl Mad!
*Little Girl smash!

Nice to know my Little Girl won't necessarily become obsolete in the future. I'm also looking at the Cat Sister which looks like its worth raising, due to its fantastic speed.

Indalecio

Postby Leo Krupp on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:00 am

The Guest wrote:I could go on and on but I am sure you all know now why Rice is my favourite. It's better to have a loved one with you than some dragon you caught in a smelly dungeon. : D

ShinQuickMan wrote:- And finally, a chaos dragon mount. With the help of a variety of weapons and equipment, she's quite fast, and her chaos breath is a life-saver in a pinch. Not to mention that she's the toughest and strongest in the group, but she's too flighty and volatile to let loose as a tank.

Oh, did I mention that all of these pets are female? And that they've been engineered to look more-or-less humanoid, at least above the waist?

But what if the dragon IS the one you love?
Nyerf!

Leo Krupp

Postby ContemporaryGuest on Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:29 am

The Guest wrote:But my absolute favourite pet, who I absolutly adore has to without a doubt be...

My little girl! ^_^ <3

D'aaaw story just made me d'aaawwwww.

ContemporaryGuest

Return to Vanilla Elona General Talk